Yesterday I found our development server can not be accessed. It's a VM under Xenserver and trying to fix things through XenCenter is quite a deadend. The console can not be accessed from XenCenter, there's only blank whitescreen and when the VM was being forced to shutdown it complained "Another
There's some discussion and proposed solution from this and this thread forum. Here's quote from one of the post that finally fix it for me (you need to login to server's shell to execute the below command) :
1 - "xe vm-list" to get the uuid of the VM that is hung
2 - "list_domains" to list the domain uuid's so you can determine the domain # of the VM above by matching the uuids from this output with the uuid for your VM from the previous command.
3 - "/opt/xensource/debug/destroy_domain -domid XX" where XX is the domain number from the previous command
4 - "xe vm-reboot uuid=XXXX --force" where XXXX is the uuid from the first vm-list command for your VM. (name-label may work but didn't work this time for me so I used the uuid)